- Your photos and stories are
needed, and appreciated.
- Send all materials for publication to the Editor-in-Chief
- You are encouraged to submit articles electronically,
saved to disk or CD.
- Photos submitted via the internet must be in high resolution.
This means your photo must be at least a 250kb file.
All internet photos should be in the JPEG.
- The authors name and address must
appear at the beginning of each article. Files should
be saved as MS-Word documents or text files. A hard
copy of each article must be submitted
with the disk.
- When quotations, statistics, or other information is
borrowed, be sure to credit the source in a footnote
or bibliography entry. If you are unsure of the proper
form, see past examples on the printed journal.
- All manuscripts and photographs become the property
of the CSAS upon receipt.
- All articles are subject to editing by the editorial
- Closing dates for future journals is forty-five (45)
days prior to the month the journal is published and
mailed. This allows time for the Publishing and Finance
Committee to review journal content.
- Photographs may be submitted electronically, saved
to disk or CD. Please be sure that are clear (high contrast)
color or black and white high resolution images. You
may also submit good quality photographs and we will
scan. Please do not submit low resolution images or Polaroid
- Be sure to write a caption for each artifact, including
information as to type, size (unnecessary if a scale
appears in the photograph), provenience, age and the
name of the finder and/or owner etc.
- Photographs of spears, points, knives, etc., are featured
with points up; spades and hoes with bit down; gorgets
horizontally; pendants, plummets and bannerstones vertically.
We do not wish to publish articles or photographs that
have appeared in other archaeological publications unless
there is a good reason for doing so. If, therefore, you
have submitted a manuscript and/or photograph to the CSAJ
that has been sent to another publication, be sure to notify
us of this. All photographs and/or disk are retained for
use and will not be returned. Please do not send us your